This one is again for Harini who started it on Facebook.
Here’s what she says, “Was thinking, today, of all those little things that make such a big difference to our routine every day….those things that make us almost ‘instantly happy’. O I don’t mean all those complicated ‘happy makers’ like great career moves, fantastic relationships, the great bod, beautifully planned vacations, sons and lovers…but little things…simple and so accessible…quite easy to come by…yet such powerful day-enhancers. Really, our lives would be so blah without em. I was wondering what all your happy-makers would be….actually was looking to try some…steal a couple perhaps :))).”
And these are mine.
1) Weather in Bangalore just before it rains.
2) A smile from a stranger and stimulating conversation with anyone.
3) Luscious, ripe, sweet fruits.
4) Smell of the sea, freshly baked cookies, bread, earth after it rains.
5) Laughter – hearing it, participating in it.
6) Being surprised by a favourite song anywhere.
7) Reading a book whose ending, whether happy or sad, makes you cry because it is so brilliantly written.
8) Feel of wind in my hair, feel of the grass at night when barefoot, feel of warm clothes on a cold day, feel of chocolate on my tongue, the feel of the bed after a tiring day.
9) Good old-fashioned flirting with a woman or a man who knows how to do it in style.
10) Friends who know you so well that they know exactly what you want and when.
11) Being pampered by someone just because.
12) The taste of water when thirsty, taste of white wine/good quality bubbly on a good night.
13) A pain-free day or at least a spasmoed day.
14) Hot massages followed by steamier baths (and no innuendos intended)
15) Seeing beautiful things coloured purple or red.
16) Mom’s cooking – anything at all.
17) Spending days/nights, talking, sharing, holding hands/hugging/kissing my men.
18) Writing that perfect piece.
19) Giving and receiving gifts and seeing faces split in that smile.
20) A drink that actually makes me slightly tipsy and gives that happy high.
And here’s a song that’s been on my mind all this week and that always, always makes me smile and sing along. Although I really prefer this version better because of the fight –
Now for yours… what makes you tickle-happy? 🙂