Recapping the year and all that sort of jazz. So trite, I know. But I do want to blog fairly frequently – hopefully not always something so trite.
- I lost the woman who came closest to being a grand-mom to me.
- I went on a trip and came back completely in love with the light of my life.
- I decided to bother even less about people than I did. And I continue to live by that decision.
- I asked a man I love more than anything in this life if I could have his child.
- I went out for a date escorted by three men who are crazy about me. 🙂 I kept house for a week for three men and surprised myself with my OCD to keep things clean, my insistence that they eat healthy, drink less coffee. I basically behaved like the perfect wife and shocked myself senseless.
- I started French classes, swimming lessons, and got myself a tattoo with a design I’ve dreamed of for over 9 years.
- My heart broke three times in 2010 thanks to three men who will always break me, hold me, and make me – over and over again. And I’m so grateful.
- I fell deeper in love with the men and women already in my life. I made new friends I’m crazy about.
- I went to the US again but this time came back with the memories and lasting friendship of a writer friend and her lovely husband.
- I lost my job. I am finally on a break. After 11 years, I am no longer thinking of what task to complete next, which place to go next, where my next meal will come from, if my working-from-home will affect a company or my job security. (And if you are wondering, no, it doesn’t.)
- I handled a quasi-break-up with a great deal of dignity and poise even as I yelled at the guy. And we are still friends.
- I re-read books that re-shaped my life. I’ve been writing – rubbish, brilliant stuff, funny stuff. I mixed two of my great loves on my blog – words and music – and I can’t be happier.
In 2010, I think I fought fire with fire and emerged a star.
Welcome 2011, I’m so ready to be number one again and take you on, sweetie darling.
And a very happy new year to all of you, darlings. Hope you have a simple meeting of minds with people who matter when you come undone.